Just ASmall Town Girl
Yes, I am just a small-town girl who left that small town. I live in Atlanta and work at a software company in the marketing department. After 10+ years in Journalism, I got out of that and fell out of love with it. There’s still a part of me that will always be a journalist.
Too bad you can’t get paid to be a fangirl.
In a way, I’ve been in marketing for years and just never knew it. I’ve now made it my career and hope to branch out more. I’ve marketed my online persona as an adult fangirl and am proud of what I’ve done within my boy band fandom.
While I own BSBFangirls.com, a blog for the Backstreet Boys, I also help out with the fan club and write for their official site.
I graduated with a Bachelor’s in Fine Arts (Communications / Mass Media) and minors in Creative Writing and Print Journalism. Before that college career, I attended a technical college for web design.
When I’m not working on BSBFangirls.com, working my real jobs, or working with the official BSB Fan Club, I’m probably sleeping. I like to keep myself busy, whether blogging, continuing my education in marketing, or shopping. I did own an Etsy shop, Just A Fangirl, Inc. I design fangirl-friendly merch and make custom T-shirts, cups, etc., for fangirls and fanboys everywhere.
In my free time, I love going to concerts with my best friends or even alone sometimes. I’ve seen everybody from Garth Brooks to The Cure, to obviously Backstreet Boys to Poison.
I have also written several novels and have a long history of writing fan fiction (which I last did in a decade). This year my first book was fully published by a publisher that I wrote with my friend Emilia. The book “Backstreet Boys: 30th Anniversary Celebration” is a look back at the Backstreet Boys’ 30 years in the spotlight and a look at their fans.
Expect my next book to be published next year.
Random Facts About Me
- ZI’m obsessed with eating ice. Especially crushed ice.
- ZI got kissed by Nick Carter in front of an entire cruise ship. I’m still here to talk about it.
- ZI have loved Elvis Presley since I was born.
- ZI have laid to rest my two cats in the last two years. I lost my 5-days-short of turning 16 cat Phoebe Princess Consuela in July 2020. My Piper Prue passed away after suffering a stroke on Halloween 2021. Before losing Piper, I got a new kitten in February 2021. Her name is Madeleine Taylor. Madeleine came from a Backstreet Boys song and Taylor is because Phoebe loved Taylor Swift. I call her Maddie.
- ZI have been a fanatic of “Friends” since Season 1 first aired. I had the “Rachel” haircut in high school.
- ZThor is my favorite Avenger, followed by Captain America (Steve Rogers), Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes), Rocket Raccoon, Captain America / Falcon (Sam Wilson), Iron Man (Tony Stark) and Ant Man (Scott Lang).
- ZI have a Funko Pop! addiction.
- ZNew Kids on the Block was my first concert. Alan Jackson was my second. Garth Brooks was third.
- ZI have two tattoos – one BSB tattoo and another that says My Confession in Nick Carter’s handwriting.